- When to treat/hospitalize
- For example: I authorize my agent to get me behavioral health help if I start to… if I start hearing voices telling me to hurt myself…
- Alternatives to hospitals
- For example: I prefer to go to a crisis bed, not a hospital if I am feeling self-destructive.
- Knowledge of medication effects
- For example: I will take this antipsychotic but have learned from past experience not to have a dosage over XYZ
- Adverse actions
- For example: I do not want injections because I am afraid of shots but I am OK with pills.
- Trauma concerns
- For example: Because of past trauma, I cannot be put into restraints. This would worsen my condition. Please do this instead…
- Setting treatment parameters for providers and agents
- For example: I authorize my agent/provider to treat with the anti-psychotics they decide on, but if I start exhibiting the following side effects, I want the medication reduced or stopped. Could also list allergies to medication
CAVEAT: A PAD is not a wish list.It does not give a person more rights or services than they are reasonably and otherwise entitled to as any other person.
Category: Creating Your Own PAD Form